GLOBUS 2020: WWII D-Day, Landing Beaches and Battle of Normandy (RW2)
5 days from Paris to Paris
On June 6, 1944, otherwise known as D-Day, Allied troops landed on the beaches of Normandy and gained a foothold in the fight against Nazi Germany. On this WWII D-Day Landing Beaches & Battle of Normandy tour visit some of the beaches where the battles took place as well as some of the museums and cemeteries that are a tribute to the Allied forces. Your tour begins and ends in Paris with two overnights in Caen, where you'll visit the Memorial Museum for Peace.The first American troops landed on Utah Beach; here, visit the memorials and the museum, which chronicles the history of the landing. Next is Pointe du Hoc, where US Army Rangers scaled its cliffs. Omaha Beach is where the highest number of casualties occurred. Here, stop at the nearby American Military Cemetery & Memorial. On this tour, see the German artillery bunkers and visit the D-Day Museum, the first museum built to commemorate D-Day. In Arromanches, see the remains of the Mulberry Harbor in the bay, a temporary harbor built to quickly offload men and cargo, and the Arromanches 360 Circular Cinema, which uses archived images to tell the story of the Battle of Normandy. In Sainte-Mere-Eglise, visit the Airborne Museum, dedicated to the American paratroopers. You'll visit the Canadian Cemetery and at the Juno Beach Center, the exhibition, the bunker, and the Memorial to the Canadians. Finally, you'll visit the Memorial Pegasus Museum, dedicated to the 6th British Airborne Division. History comes alive on this unmissable D-Day Landing Beaches tour
Call (580) 924-9201 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14594760
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 5 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Paris||Welcome to Paris! At 5:30 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. (D)|
|Day 2||Caen||At 8 am, leave Paris and enjoy a pleasant drive to Caen. Here, visit the MEMORIAL MUSEUM FOR PEACE with its exhibits, films, and gardens. Next is Arromanches, for a film screening at the ARROMANCHES 360 CIRCULAR CINEMA. Also see the remains of the Mulberry Harbor in the bay, a temporary harbor built by the Allies to quickly offload men and cargo onto the beaches during the invasion of Normandy. Continue to Arromanches-les-Bains and visit the D-DAY MUSEUM, and to Longues-sur-Mer to see the German artillery bunkers. Return to Caen.Today's Distance: 205 mi / 330 km (B)|
|Day 3||Caen||This morning, drive to UTAH BEACH to see the MEMORIALS and visit the MUSEUM. Then, in Sainte-Mere-Eglise, visit the AIRBORNE MUSEUM, next to the church where Private John Steele's parachute got caught in one of the steeples, as portrayed in the movie The Longest Day. Next is POINTE DU HOC Ranger Monument, and OMAHA BEACH, with a visit to the nearby AMERICAN MILITARY CEMETERY & MEMORIAL.Today's Distance: 186 mi / 300 km (B,D)|
|Day 4||Paris||Today, start with a visit to the CANADIAN CEMETERY in Beny-sur-Mer. Arrive at the JUNO BEACH CENTER, visit the exhibition, the bunker, and the Memorial to the Canadians. In nearby Bernieres-sur-Mer, take pictures of the Canada House, before continuing to Ranville, where you visit the MEMORIAL PEGASUS MUSEUM and see the original bridge. Return to Paris.Today's Distance: 199 mi / 320 km (B)|
|Day 5||Paris||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$330-$570No triple room reduction.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).