Brochure Type: Preview 2018 USA
Beyond the deep fjords, glaciers and islands that dot the Scandinavian coastline are distinctly different cultures that will make your visit to Norway, Sweden and Denmark a fascinating journey of discovery. Celebrate elegant and historic architecture, extreme natural beauty and the heritage of the Vikings as you travel from Copenhagen to Odense, Stavangar to Stockholm, with breathtaking views in between.
- City tour in Copenhagen, Oslo and Stockholm
- Orientation of Bergen
- Visit Odense where Hans Christian Anderson was born, Stavanger, the Sognefjord, Geiranger, the Stave Chuch at Lom, the Olympic town of Lillehammer, Hamar, Vigeland Sculpture Park in Oslo and Stockholm's City Hall
- View The Little Mermaid in Copenhagen, Haakon's Hall in Bergen, the Geirangerfjord and Oslo's Royal Palace
- 13 full Scandinavian breakfasts.
- 8 dinners (including Be My Guest).
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Hand-picked 4 and 5 star accommodation
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Ferry from Denmark to Norway.
- Ferry across the Boknafjord.
- Ferry across the Sognefjord.
- Train journey on the famous Flam Railway.
Call (580) 924-9201 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13627567
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Copenhagen||Arrive Copenhagen (2 Nights): Welcome to Copenhagen. Unwind after check-in or spend time exploring Scandinavia's liveliest city. Enjoy an evening drive - the perfect introduction to Copenhagen, followed by a Welcome Reception to get to know your Travel Director and travelling companions.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Copenhagen||Copenhagen Sightseeing: Your Local Specialist takes you on a fascinating sightseeing and walking tour in the vicinity of the Amalienborg Palace - an elegant quarter featuring 18th century buildings. In Copenhagen's historic centre, view the 17th century Stock Exchange, the Christiansborg Palace and the Neo-Classical Cathedral. View the Little Mermaid - the statue inspired by Hans Christian Andersen's sad fairytale - sitting on a rock in the harbour. Later perhaps enjoy a canal cruise with stunning city views.Scandinavian Breakfast|
|Day 3||Randers||Copenhagen - Odense - Randers: Cross the bridge to the Island of Funen and the town of Odense, Hans Christian Andersen's birthplace. Continue across the Jutland Peninsula en route to Randers for an overnight stay.Scandinavian Breakfast|
Randers Authentic Accommodation
|Day 4||Stavanger||Randers - Stavanger: Sail from Hirsthals across the Skagerrak to the port of Kristiansand in Norway. Enjoy a scenic drive by fjords and lakes to Stavanger, Norway's third city and one of the oldest.Scandinavian Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 5||Bergen||Stavanger - Bergen (2 Nights): Your journey is spectacular as you island-hop from Stavanger, sailing across fjords and passing islands along this impressive coastline. Arrive later in Bergen and experience the history of this picturesque city on your orientation tour. See the 13th century Haakon's Hall and the bustling fish market. This evening enjoy a delicious Be My Guest dinner of Norwegian specialities.Scandinavian Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining|
|Day 6||Bergen||Bergen: Explore Norway's most naturally beautiful city during your free day and consider a morning Optional Experience to the tiny village of Telavag and learn about its powerful Second World War history.Scandinavian Breakfast|
|Day 7||Sognefjord (Leikanger)||Bergen - Flam Railway - Sognefjord (Leikanger): From the ski resort of Voss take a train journey that ascends to nearly 3,000 feet above sea level. Admire the scenery and ride on the famous Flam railway for a Cultural Insight into one of the most exciting train journeys in the world. Appreciate breathtaking views of mountains and waterfalls, then cross the magnificent waters of Sognefjord to your hotel in Leikanger.Scandinavian Breakfast, Dinner|
Sognefjord Authentic Accommodation
|Day 8||Geiranger||Sognefjord (Leikanger) - Geiranger (2 Nights): Follow the spectacular Sognefjord through incredible glacier country. Enjoy wonderful views of Geirangerfjord as you descend to Geiranger village.Scandinavian Breakfast, Dinner|
Geiranger Authentic Accommodation
|Day 9||Geiranger||Geiranger: Spend the day surrounded by amazing scenery, relaxing and breathing clear mountain air. Perhaps take an Optional Experience along the Trolls' Road and see Norways most famous mountain road, past tumbling cascades and fertile valleys.Scandinavian Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 10||Lillehammer||Geiranger - Lom - Lillehammer: A scenic drive from Geiranger brings you to Ottadalen to visit the traditional Stave Church at Lom. Continue through the Gudbrandsdalen Valley, the inspiration for Ibsen's 'Peer Gynt'. Arrive in Lillehammer, host to the 1994 Winter Olympics. Before dinner at the hotel, consider a walk along Storgata or visit the open-air museum at Maihaugan.Scandinavian Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 11||Oslo||Lillehammer - Hamar - Oslo: View the unusual Olympic ice rink beside the lake at Hamar. In Oslo, your Local Specialist takes you on a sightseeing tour which includes views of the medieval fortress of Akershus, the Opera and the Royal Palace, finishing with a visit to the Vigeland Sculpture Park. Spend the rest of the day relaxing, shopping for unique souvenirs or perhaps visit the Fram Polar Ship Museum and Viking Ship Museum.Scandinavian Breakfast|
|Day 12||Stockholm||Oslo - Stockholm (2 Nights): Cross the border into Sweden and continue via Karlstad on Lake Vänern. Pass Örebro to the island-ringed capital of Stockholm for your two-night stay.Scandinavian Breakfast|
|Day 13||Stockholm||Stockholm Sightseeing: Admire this charming city during your sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. View the medieval Storkyrkan, Riddarholm Church and the Royal Palace. Explore the waterside City Hall where Nobel Prize banquets are held. Spend time later shopping in fashionable stores or consider an Optional Experience. Tonight celebrate with your fellow travellers at a Farewell Dinner.Scandinavian Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 14||DEPART STOCKHOLM||Depart Stockholm: Say goodbye to Scandinavia as your memorable holiday draws to a close. Airport transfers are available. Conditions apply.Scandinavian Breakfast|
- Conditions and restrictions apply, visit www.trafalgar.com/previewconditions for details.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class