Brochure Type: Preview 2018 USA
A fabled land of fairy chimneys, Whirling Dervishes and cotton castles is yours to explore on this leisurely journey through Turkey. Visit the extraordinary excavations at Ephesus, one of the best preserved Roman theatres in the world, and the underground city of Sarhatli on the ancient Silk Road. Marvel at volcanic landscapes, the ruins of ancient civilisations and Istanbul's bustling city markets.
- City tour in Istanbul
- View the Wooden Horse at Troy
- Visit the Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia, Hippodrome, Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar in Istanbul, Anzac Cove and the poignant War Cemeteries at Gallipoli, the ruins of the ancient city at Troy, the Asclepion Medical Centre at Pergamon, the Virgin Mary's House at Ephesus, the ruins of the Roman health spa at Hierapolis, the Cotton Castle Springs in Pamukkale, the Archaeological Museum in Antalya, the Roman cities at Perge and Aspendos, the home of the Whirling Dervishes at Konya, a caravansary on the Ancient Silk Road, the underground city of Saratli, Goreme Open Air Museum and the Museum of Anatolian Civilisation at Ankara
- 13 buffet breakfasts
- 10 dinners
- 1 lunch (Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Ferry across the Dardanelles from Eceabat to Canakkale.
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (580) 924-9201 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13627375
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Istanbul||Arrive Istanbul (2 Nights): Welcome to Istanbul. On arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Relax after your journey and in the evening attend a Welcome Reception with your Travel Director and meet your fellow travellers.Welcome Reception|
Radisson Blu Sisli/Wyndham Old City
|Day 2||Istanbul||Istanbul Sightseeing: Gain insight into the Ottoman Empire's power and influence during your guided tour of the Topkapi Palace. Visit the Hagia Sophia, the magnificent Blue Mosque, the Hippodrome and see the Egyptian obelisk. Later enjoy free time to explore the famous Grand Bazaar market and this evening consider an optional dinner with Turkish folk dances and belly dancing entertainment.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Canakkale||Istanbul - Gallipoli - Canakkale: Explore the Gallipoli Peninsula and see Anzac Cove, the site of a bitter battle in WWI. Visit Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair Cemeteries, the final resting place of many Allied soldiers. See the Dardanelles and stay overnight in Canakkale. Dine tonight at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 4||Izmir||Canakkale - Troy - Pergamon - Izmir (2 Nights): Visit the ruins of Troy, and see the famous Wooden Horse. Explore the ancient Asclepion Medical Centre in the city of Pergamon. Dine at your hotel in Izmir this evening.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 5||Izmir||Excursion to Ephesus and the House of the Virgin Mary: Visit the impressive excavations at Ephesus and the House of Virgin Mary at Mt. Koressos. Consider an optional dinner tonight at a local restaurant in Izmir.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Pamukkale||Izmir - Pamukkale: This morning leave the coastal city of Izmir and travel inland towards Denizli Province in southwestern Turkey. Arrive in Pamukkale and relax in the hot springs at your hotel before dinner.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 7||Antalya||Pamukkale - Hieropolis - Antalya (2 Nights): After breakfast visit the ruins of the Roman health spa at Hierapolis and the Cotton Castle Springs at Pamukkale. Later travel through scenic countryside and stop in a small local village where you will be guests of some of the locals. Enjoy a delicious Be My Guest lunch with local food prepared by your hosts. Later travel to the city of Antalya and relax on the beach or at the hotel swimming pool. This evening join your companions for a Regional Meal at a local restaurant.Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining, Regional Meal|
|Day 8||Antalya||Perge Excursion: This morning you can either embark on an optional yacht cruise or enjoy free time in Antalya. Later, visit the impressive Antalya Archaeological Museum and the Roman city of Perge. Dine tonight at a local restaurant of your choice.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 9||Konya||Antalya - Aspendos - Konya: This morning visit Aspendos to see one of the best-preserved Roman theatres in the world. Continue on to Konya where you will visit the Mevlana Museum and Mausoleum, the final resting place for members of the Whirling Dervish mystic sect. Then continue on to the Karatay Tile Museum. Dine tonight at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 10||Cappadocia||Konya - Cappadocia (2 Nights): Visit a well-preserved 13th century caravansary. Journey on to biblical Cappadocia. Here you visit the underground city of Sarhatli on the ancient Silk Road and see the cone of Uchisar. This evening join your companions for a Regional Meal at a local restaurant.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
Dilek Kaya Authentic Accommodation
|Day 11||Cappadocia||Goreme Excursion: Spend the day exploring the volcanic landscape in and around Cappadocia, dotted with caves and troglodyte dwellings. Visit the Goreme Open-Air Museum and learn about pottery making in Avanos. Dine tonight at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 12||Ankara||Cappadocia - Ankara: Visit the Museum of Anatolian Civilisations and Ataturk's Mausoleum. Dine tonight at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 13||Istanbul||Ankara - Istanbul: Travel back to Istanbul and cross the Bosphorus into Europe. Enjoy some last-minute souvenir shopping or perhaps take an optional cruise on the Bosphorus before meeting your Travel Director and fellow companions for a memorable Farewell Dinner.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
Radisson Blu Sisli/Wyndham Old City
|Day 14||Depart Istanbul||Depart Istanbul: This morning bid a fond farewell to this wonderful city as your memorable holiday comes to an end. Transfers are available. Conditions apply.Buffet Breakfast|
- Cruise Connection: This trip starts or ends in a popular cruise port, so you can combine a cruise with a more in-depth guided holiday in Europe.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class