Brochure Type: AWS Europe Asia Central and North America 1718
Candles and carols, snowflakes and stollen - wander through central Europe's cosy Christmas markets sipping toasty gluhwein as you admire the handmade wooden toys, delectable Christmas fare and intricate decorations drawing crowds every year to enjoy its enchanting festive cheer.
- City tour in Vienna and Salzburg
- Orientation of Munich, Oberammergau, Innsbruck and Lucerne
- See stunning Alpine scenery
- View Mozart's birthplace in Salzburg, the Marienplatz in Munich, the Golden Roof in Innsbruck, the Lion Monument and Chapel Bridge in Lucerne
- Visit the Christmas Markets of Vienna, Salzburg, Munich, Innsbruck and Lucerne
- Visit Vaduz the capital of Liechtenstein
- 7 hot buffet breakfasts
- 4 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (580) 924-9201 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13627287
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Vienna||Arrive Vienna (2 Nights): Welcome to the magical Austrian capital, Vienna. After check-in this afternoon, relax and unwind after your journey. Later, meet your fellow travellers and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception with drinks and a light meal followed by an evening orientation drive.Welcome Reception|
Hilton Danube Waterfront
|Day 2||Vienna||Vienna Sightseeing and Christmas Markets: Explore the Ringstrasse during your festive sightseeing tour of Vienna. Your Local Specialist shows you the Hofburg Palace which was the former home of the Habsburgs. You will also see the Parliament, City Hall and the grand State Opera House. Visit the 'Christkindlmarkt' and buy handmade wooden toys, seasonal gifts, delicious gingerbread and warming Glühwein from traditional decorated wooden stalls.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Munich||Vienna - Salzburg - Munich (2 Nights): Drive along the scenic Danube Valley to the beautiful city of Salzburg and visit the enchanting Christmas market. See the beautifully manicured Mirabell Gardens, Mozart's birthplace and the Old City on your walking tour with a Local Specialist. Then cross fairy tale Alpine landscapes to Munich, capital of Bavaria. Dine this evening at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 4||Munich||Munich Orientation: Discover Munich on an orientation with your Travel Director. Admire the Marienplatz with its impressive Town Hall and the ornate Glockenspiel. Spend the rest of your day enjoying the festive spirit at the Christmas market. Consider a visit to a famous beer hall and experience the warmth and hospitality for which this city is renowned.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Innsbruck||Munich - Oberammergau - Innsbruck: Leave Munich behind and travel through the picturesque Bavarian countryside en route to Oberammergau, home of the Passion Play that takes place in the village every ten years. This village is also famous for a long tradition of woodcarving and has homes with elaborate frescoes depicting traditional Bavarian themes. Spend free time exploring the quaint streets before arriving in Innsbruck. Admire the 15th century Golden Roof. Visit the Christmas market in the Old Town Square and immerse yourself in the festive atmosphere. Tonight dinner will be served at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 6||Lucerne||Innsbruck - Vaduz - Lucerne (2 Nights): This morning see the ski jump that towers over Innsbruck before visiting Vaduz, the capital city in the mountain principality of Liechtenstein. See the picturesque castle that sits above the city. Later arrive in Lucerne where you will view the Lion Monument and the famous wooden Chapel Bridge during an orientation tour.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Lucerne||Lucerne Orientation: Visit the Christmas markets at Franziskanerplatz, located in the Old Town of Lucerne. Swiss delights are on offer at the wooden stalls, as well as a carousel which plays traditional music while children enjoy the ride. Later enjoy free time or join your Travel Director for an Optional Experience to the peak of a nearby mountain top. Tonight join your fellow travellers for a festive Farewell Dinner.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 8||Depart Zurich||Lucerne - Depart Zurich: Say farewell to your travelling companions as you return home with magical Christmas memories. There is a morning transfer to Zurich airport from Lucerne. Conditions apply. Please do not book flights which depart before 10am from Zurich airport.Buffet Breakfast|
- Christmas Markets: Are generally open from the beginning of Advent until 24 December 2017. Trafalgar reserves the right to substitute sites and excursions in keeping with the events of the season.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class