GLOBUS 2018: Footsteps of Apostle Paul - Faith-Based Travel (TP)
10 days from Athens to Athens
Call (580) 924-9201 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13596146
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Welcome to Athens! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, then enjoy a welcome dinner at your hotel to celebrate the start of your upcoming spiritual journey. (D)|
|Day 2||Thessalonika||Head north to Thessalonika this morning for guided sightseeing. Named after Alexander the Great's sister, it figures prominently in the New Testament. This was the center of Apostle Paul's activities in northern Greece-where he preached, founded a church, and to whom he wrote his two Thessalonian epistles. St. Paul, whose name was originally Saul, was a Roman citizen and a Pharisee. He experienced a powerful vision that caused him to convert to Christianity while on the road to Damascus and he was baptized with the name of Paul. He then started traveling through Macedonia, Greece, Italy, the Holy Land, and Spain to spread the Word and led a very adventurous life. Paul wrote a series of letters, known as the epistles, that are an integral part of the New Testament giving advice on how Christians should live. He died in Rome, beheaded by order of Emperor Nero, in 67 AD. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Thessalonika||Today begins along Paul's route via Amphipolis, a wealthy city in ancient Macedonia, where a large number of Christian churches were built in the 5th and 6th centuries. Next, travel to Philippi, a busy Roman colony with an impressive library and theater. It was here that Paul preached and established the first church in Europe, and to whom he wrote his Philippians epistle while imprisoned in Rome, in which he expressed great fondness for that community. Continue to Kavala, ancient port of Neapolis. (B,D)|
|Day 4||Kalambaka||This morning, stop in Veria (called Berea in the New Testament), where Paul and Silas were sent by friends after being accused of treason in Thessalonika. Visit the BEMA OF APOSTLE PAUL, where he preached the gospel to the local community, then continue to Kalambaka, home to the awe-inspiring Meteora monasteries. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Athens||A real highlight is in store today. Situated atop soaring cliffs and rock faces, the Meteora monasteries create one of the most inspirational sites in the world. Visit the HOLY MONASTERY OF VARLAAM, the second-largest of the monasteries, and the HOLY MONASTERY OF ST. STEPHEN, which was bombed by the Nazis during WWII but later was reconstructed by nuns. Here, you will be introduced to the many historical and religious treasures. Return to Athens for an overnight. (B)|
|Day 6||Mykonos||Awaken refreshed this morning and ready to begin your 3-night CRUISE around the Greek Isles and Turkey. Head first to mountainous Mykonos with its iconic windmills and brilliant whitewashed houses. Wander through the narrow winding streets, do a little shopping, or sit in a cafe to people-watch. (B,L,D)|
|Day 7||Patmos||Visit the Turkish port of Kusadasi for an included excursion to the EPHESUS ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE, the former capital of the Roman province of Asia. Walk in the footsteps of Apostle Paul, who lived and preached here, and meditate on what life must have been like for the early Ephesian Christians in this pagan society. Also, see the House of Mary, where the Virgin Mary is said to have spent her last days. Continue your cruise to the island of Patmos, the 'Jerusalem of the Aegean,' and visit the MONASTERY OF ST. JOHN and the CAVE OF THE APOCALYPSE, where John the Evangelist received the visions that he recorded in the Book of the Revelation during his exile. (B,L,D)|
|Day 8||Santorini||First port of call today is Heraklion on Crete. An included excursion takes you to nearby KNOSSOS, the center of the 3000 BC Minoan civilization and historic site of mythology's tales about the Minotaur and the labyrinth. Afternoon call (weather permitting) at Santorini, the 'Black Pearl of the Aegean.' An optional shore excursion is available to the cliff-top village of Oia for one of the world's most glorious panoramic views. (B,L,D)|
|Day 9||Athens||Disembark and travel to Corinth to visit the EXCAVATIONS, where Apostle Paul worked for 18 months and where he met his faithful followers Aquila and Priscilla. Learn about this ancient city-state and its early church community, which was the recipient of Paul's two Corinthians epistles. Return to Athens for sightseeing that visits the ACROPOLIS with the Parthenon and AREOPAGUS, where Paul delivered his famous sermon about the identity of the 'Unknown God.' Tonight, join your traveling companions for a final evening of fellowship and celebration at a farewell dinner at your hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 10||Athens||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person in category ID twin inside cabin.Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Port Taxes $138 & Gratuities $30 to service personnel on board the ship are additional and mandatory. These fees will be added to your Vacation Estimate.Supplement per person to outside cabin XD: $177Supplement for single room on land and single occupancy in inside cabin ID: $550Supplement for single room on land and single occupancy in outside cabin XD: $813Reduction for triple room on land and triple occupancy in inside cabin ID: $100Reduction per person for triple room on land and triple occupancy in outside cabin XD: $15Cabin assignments and meal seatings are determined during the tour prior to boarding.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).