Brochure Type: Eastern Mediterranean 2017
Embark on a journey through the ages - centuries of myths and legends and ancient history - revealed on this leisurely holiday visiting the bougainvillea-clad Achilleion Palace, gods and goddesses of Athens, and Corfu. You'll also walk the Sacred Way at Delphi.
- Nafpaktos See where the Battle of Lepando, the last battle between the Ottoman Turkish Empire and the Western powers of Europe took place in 1576
- Athens Sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist includes a visit to the magnificent Acropolis and the Temple of Zeus. View Hadrian's Arch
- Corfu Orientation of island and view the Venetian Castle and Monastery of Palaiokastritsa. Visit the Achilleon Palace
- Delphi Sightseeing and the museum, the Temple of Apollo and walk the Sacred Way
- Ioannina Free Time in this Byzantine city
- Meteora See the rock formations and visit a Monastery - a listed UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Metsovo Stop in the local village
- Pelion Villages Visit the traditional village of Portaria and Makrinitsa
- Thermopylae Stop to admire the Battle of Thermopylae monument dedicated to the Spartan warriors
- 8 buffet breakfasts
- 3 three course dinners
- Daily breakfast
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Variety of Optional Experiences
- An expert Travel Director and separate driver
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes
- Airport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day. Conditions apply. Please refer to the price panel
Call (580) 924-9201 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13358287
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2017
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Athens||Arrive Athens: Welcome to Athens. On arrival you will be met by a Trafalgar representative and transferred to your hotel. Relax before meeting your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Meeting this evening.|
|Day 2||Volos||Athens - Thermopylae - Volos (Pelion): This morning enjoy a leisurely drive along the coast to Thermopylae. Stop to view the monument dedicated to brave Spartan warriors that were led by the heroic King Leonidas. Continue along the Magnesian coastline and arrive in the coastal city of Volos known for its mythical Argonauts.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 3||Trikala||Volos - Portaria - Makrinitsa - Meteora - Trikala: After a morning visit to the villages of Portaria and Makrinitsa, drive towards central Greece and the plains of Thessaly. Visit one of the breathtaking clifftop monasteries set amongst the magical rock formations of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Meteora. Stop later in Trikala situated alongside the Litheos River. Dine tonight at your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 4||IOANNINA||Trikala - Metsovo - Ioannina: After a relaxed start this morning stop in the mountain village of Metsovo, famous for its Metsovne cheese and local wine. Continue on to the charming city of Ioannina and enjoy free time to walk around the Old Town dating back to the Byzantine era. Consider taking a stroll along Pamvotis Lake whilst taking in the views of the picturesque Byzantine Monasteries situated on an island in the middle of the lake.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Corfu||Ioannina - Igoumenitsa - Ferry to Corfu (2 Nights): A morning drive brings you to the port of Igoumenitsa in western Greece for your ferry across to the Ionian island of Corfu. Empress Elizabeth "Sissy" of the Austro-Hungarian Empire loved spending time here and it was once under Venetian rule. Enjoy free time to stroll in Corfu town with its mixture of Greek and Venetian architecture. Dine tonight in your hotel.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 6||Corfu||Corfu Island Excursion: Enjoy a relaxed island excursion today and view the Venetian Castle and the Monastery of Palaiokastritsa. Later visit the Achilleion Palace which was once the summer home of the beloved Empress "Sissi" and later used as the summer residence of the Greek Royal Family. Marvel at the many impressive statues and artwork within the palace grounds and admire the view of the Ionian sea below.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Delphi||Corfu - Nikopolis - Amphilochia - Nafpaktos - Delphi: Today leave the magic of Corfu and sail back to mainland Greece by ferry. Drive to the ancient town of Nikopolis to see where the Battle of Actium took place. Continue via the coastal town of Preveza and stop in the charming port town of Amphilochia. Drive south towards the quaint Greco-Venetian town of Nafpaktos known to most as 'Lepando' for the infamous sea battle that ensued in 1571. Arrive later in Delphi at the foothills of the Parnassus Mountain range to enjoy a leisurely evening above the Valley of the Muses.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 8||Athens||Delphi - Arahova - Athens: Visit the most famous Oracle of the Ancient world in Delphi. Visit the museum, the Temple of Apollo and walk the Sacred Way. Later drive through the village of Arahova famous for its "flocati" sheep skin rugs and return to Athens to discover the rich heritage during your sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. Visit the Acropolis and view the Parthenon dedicated to the Goddess Athena and one of the world's greatest cultural monuments. Enjoy a traditional Greek farewell dinner tonight in the Plaka quarter.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 9||Depart Athens||Depart Athens: After breakfast, bid farewell and transfer to the airport for your return flight home. If you have decided to continue on to the 3 day cruise, you will be transferred to the port with your fellow travelers and Travel Director for another 3-days of wonderful destinations.Buffet Breakfast|
- Shared Rooming: Room Share is not available on this trip.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class